Photobucket

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hmm... Well... Time for an update

Well I haven't posted anything for a while. I have been working outside in our yard a lot, trying to get it nice and how I like it. I thought that buying a house with a clean slate as far as gardens would be wonderful! I could put gardens where I wanted them and plan and use my own landscaping ideas. So far it has been pretty hard. Not having a lot of money to buy bricks or wood to make planter boxes or gardens has been hard. And DIRT! Dirt costs SO MUCH and our soil sucks, so I need some nice rich soil to go in the ground with the plants. I know it will take some time to be nice, but as always I want to see results now. It is looking better than it did and am happy to have some plants returning and blooming in our awful GA soil.

Updates on the art front, I have been pretty busy making my scrabble tiles and bird nests to fill orders (those are my popular two items). I have been working on some pretty nice wire wrapped rings that I very much enjoy wearing (pics are posted on my Facebook fan page). I want to make some more hemp necklaces, bracelets, & anklets as hemp is one of my great loves. I am working on learning some Chinese Knots too. I love knot tying, it is a glorious skill for someone as obsessed with perfection as me. I love a beautiful well tied knot. :) I'd like to be painting more but it is just too much to drag out all my paint stuff and sit it up with the mess of scrabble tile stuff on our kitchen table and it's too hot to do it outside. Boo. So I guess I'll just have to wait till winter.

Well back to knot tying and watching Hummingbirds.
♥~JL


No comments:

Post a Comment